Actions are required at every level: government, private sector and the public.
- Commit to more ambitious Nationally Determined Contributions and energy transition strategies
- Set national and sub-national decarbonization and net-zero carbon targets
- Halt policies that support the fossil fuel industry, including excessive subsidies
- Introduce policies that incentivize renewable energy and promote energy efficiency
- Monitor and reduce your company’s energy usage and strive for energy efficiency
- Embrace the opportunities that a transition to renewable energy will create across your supply chains
- Divest holdings in fossil fuel companies
- Set decarbonization and net-zero carbon targets
Join Race to Zero global campaign that is rallying support from business, cities, regions, and investors for a healthy, resilient, zero carbon recovery.
- Urge your politicians to propose and vote for ambitious policies for renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Push for and support policies for renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Speak up at work to make renewable energy and reduction a collective issue
- Advocate for renewable energy and energy efficiency in your organization
- Talk to friends about the need for renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Attend or arrange events or communities in support for renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Join a local or national organization supporting renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Understand how much energy you use and try to consume less of it
- Use energy that comes from renewable sources if possible
- Divest from investments or pension funds investing in fossil fuels
- If possible, choose utilities and operators committed to decarbonization and energy efficiency
Join the United Nations ActNow campaign to take action on climate change.